All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: DMAX Long Term Review
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:45 pm 

Pretty honest write up about our ute:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/425316/2016 ... eport-two/

Awesome back to the future look.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:07 am 

Seems a fair enough summing up in my book but 'storage is plentiful and practical'???? He must have different front doors to me!! They are the most stupid, dumb, idiotic, ridiculous bit of design I have ever seen in my many years on this planet. I'm buggered if I know what sort of idiot would design such a thing and even more bewildered that someone that earns bucket loads of cash would allow such an idiot piece of work to be approved!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I reckon I agree with most of what he has said except the above and my fuel economy has always been fairly disappointing.
When I went to Mallacoota with my slide on camper on and towing my tinny the Tonka Toy did a good, no fuss job. It rode better, sat on speed limits and got up the hills ( I just drive it in manual mode and whack it back to 4th) with no drama and just felt like it would cruise all day.
If only the mob at Isuzu were capable of listening and fixed or improved a dozen things it would be a match for most of the toys out there.

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:41 am 

what's wrong with the front doors? a can of beer and a PMR fits fine in the pocket
and the fun prevention officer uses the top slot as a cigarette packet slot on the passenger door

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:55 am 

"as low as 5L/100km on a highway run"
!!!
By Isuzu D_Max spec sheet, their own best is 6.8.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:00 pm 

The front doors are just plain stupid. How many cup holders do you need!! Just shove it between your legs. Have a geek at the Amarok and you will see how idiotic the Isuzu doors really are,

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:25 pm 

Cup holder in front of the air con vent. Best idea !!! Keeps a can of drink ice cold.
Few stubbie holders and the cup holders are great, winch remote, 2w handheld CB in the centre cup holders. Few pens etc
A bigger water bottle holder in the door would be great, since it is a ute.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:18 am 

As I said...have a look at the Amarok .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:20 am 

I'm not seeing it - certainly nothing to get annoyed about - espectially when compared to the low hanging underside and atrocious clearance on the V-Dub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:12 am 

I hate them!!!!!!! :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :roll: :cry: :twisted: !!!!!!!