NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:38 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:30 am 

Good to know, thanks Danno.

IUA appears to have been responsive to DMax owners but out of 4 MUX cases that I know of 3 of us have been refused.

I'm now looking for models that don't have a history of body cracks.

To add: I'm now putting together the VCAT claim. I did offer to IUA that if they would fully guarantee any repairs I would consider that option but they declined.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 am 

Have you still been driving the car? Has it got noticeably bigger or any other problems come up because of this crack?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:59 pm 

Here’s a photo of a cracked LC200 with 200K on the odo. Looks like they all do it :shock:

Attachments:
3E56DC14-C2A6-40C7-9CC3-751039E81812.jpeg
3E56DC14-C2A6-40C7-9CC3-751039E81812.jpeg [ 105.28 KiB | Viewed 3251 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:06 am 

gmax wrote:
Have you still been driving the car? Has it got noticeably bigger or any other problems come up because of this crack?

Yes. After it was first noticed at 80 K, at which time I marked the engine bay sill crack, I did something like 3000 kms of outback dirt and the crack didn't propagate at all. I then did 600 kms of twisty mountain bitumen over a couple of months and it did grow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:15 am 

mydmax wrote:
Confidentiality agreements in relation to motor vehicle problems are illegal for the company to ask you to sign.

Dunno where you got that from.

Non-disclosure terms are provided for in mediated settlements in Victoria's VCAT.

If you don't like it, you don't accept the respondent's offer.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:52 am 

Update ...

VCAT scheduled a directions hearing which is due in a couple of weeks.

IUA has rung and offered a repair.

I said I would consider it if they included a buy-back guarantee on any further cracks.

Just to repeat: this claim is not under warranty terms but under the more extensive consumer rights guarantees in federal law, Australian Consumer Law 2010. The grounds are that the vehicle is not durable and does not perform in the way that it can reasonably be expected to or has been represented to (unfit for purpose).

What it's cost to get to this point: some time and c. $500 VCAT fee (which most likely would be the total fees).

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:28 pm 

Cheers JM.

So this is the outcome of the directions hearing: there'll be a compulsory conference after IUA has got an expert engineer to do an assessment for them. (Note I already have one paid for by my insurer). This conference will try to reach a settlement by negotiation that is acceptable to both parties. If that fails it'll go to a judgment.

I argued that IUA should provide to the tribunal the numbers of DMaxes and MUXes that have been subject to warranty claims for cracks and any expert evaluation reports that it has regarding them. My grounds were that IUA has made out that the fault is a result of my abuse and misuse while there's evidence of a systemic problem. The VCAT member didn't order this neither did he rule it out. But he did warn the IUA representative that the law in Oz is shifting on the matter of corporate responsibility in these instances and cited the case where recently Ford was fined for unconscionable conduct in respect of their response to Focus owners' complaints about faults.
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/04/ford ... al-faults/

The conference won't be until September and that's mostly due to my being out of state for much of the time till then.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:17 am 

Hi All

New to this forum but just wanted to know if any MUX owners out there have had issues with inner guards cracking? I see there have been some issues with the older Dmax with posts from 2014, I would be interested to know what the fix was and if the Dealer covered it under warranty. My MUX has a Alloy bull bar fitted from Isuzu as part of the deal and I have a 2inch old man emu lift kit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:34 am 

Has yours cracked?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:00 am 

Hi Tink

Yes both sides in the exact same spot and very similar to all the other ones I have seen pics of. My car is 2015 MUX LSM and only seen occasional off road work, 1 trip across the Simpson never had an accident has an OME alloy bull bar and a 2inch lift.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next