NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:06 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:35 am 

Guys - this is for a friend here in Philippines got a 2015 D Max. The dipstick keeps 'popping off' and raising up then oil will leak out. They are getting told at the dealer it's 'normal' and the engine is still loosening up etc.

Can I have any thoughts on possible cause & whether it able to be termed 'normal'. Unit belongs to a girl I know's Dad - they aren't the most car savvy or consumer rights savvy - I'd like to help/advise them and hoping for some insight from some of the mechanical gurus on here...

Admin: If this post should be warranty issues - apology, though I'm not sure yet if this a warranty - or normal as the dealer is saying so far.

Attachments:
dip2.jpg
dip2.jpg [ 90.11 KiB | Viewed 4129 times ]
dip1.jpg
dip1.jpg [ 85.58 KiB | Viewed 4129 times ]
dip.jpg
dip.jpg [ 71.63 KiB | Viewed 4129 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:45 am 

I did notice some oily residue one time and the dips stick was like that , but it was just after the 10k service , I got the dealer to change the oil, I just thought the mechanic hadn't pushed right in .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:48 am 

Thanks mate; Yeah I have had too, momentary panic when I first saw it then just that final push/click all the way home. This one's losing oil to the point even before first oil/service was due - the warning light came on. I've told them to demand a new dipstick/o ring for a start just to check if it's not tight enough, but the dealer's saying give it a while & keep feeding it new oil......

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:12 am 

Is the crankcase breather blocked? Maybe building up pressure and the only release is through the dipstick

Tink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:17 am 

No way mate, one of a few things that will do that is massive blow by past the rings which would indicate a well stuffed motor but the pcv should handle that unless it's blocked or disconnected in some way, I assume the engine performs ok and isn't blowing heaps of smoke? It would almost have to be if it's chewing through oil until the light comes on it couldn't possibly be all coming out of the dipstick, they are being had.

Not too worried about the posts location but the headings a bit borderline :lol: :lol:

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:05 pm 

Our previous MUX got serviced and the dealer left the dipstick unclipped. Refused flat to degrease the engine bay, of the brand new car "first service". Made enquiries with heavy diesel mechanic friend of mine, apparently the newer model turbo diesels of all makes are "heavy breathers" hence the dipsticks now clip in. I check the new Dmax after every service to make sure the apprentice has clipped the stick in properly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:07 pm 

kkdmax2: My 2017 dmax did the same a couple of times in its first year, always check it after dealership servicing now, but it dont happen anymore. Drive it like you stole it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:37 pm 

You should see what happens when you forget to put the filler cap back on.

At least I won't have to worry about rust in the engine bay for a while.