NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:07 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:31 pm 

My head unit has started to play up, stock unit, '13 LS-M.

When I insert a USB stick with my tunes on it, it's all of a sudden started to play each folder at track # 6!!

They play sequentially - #7, #8 and so on until the end, and then go back to #1, #2, #3 etc.

These are USB's I've been using for years, so they are fine, I haven't put anything new on them. I tried a new USB stick and it did the same thing.

Maybe there's a setting I've mistakenly activated??

All I can think of is doing the equivalent of a "factory reset" to the head unit and see what happens - but can I?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:23 pm 

leave the battery disconnected for 10 minutes?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:36 pm 

sucksqueezebangblow wrote:
leave the battery disconnected for 10 minutes?

Good thinking, I'll give that a try on the weekend.

Tried with a CD, and it plays fine, all in the right order. So it's something to do with how it reads USB sticks!

I'll also make a folder with less than 6 MP3's in it and see how that plays. Knowing my luck, the car will catch on fire or something.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:41 pm 

Quote:
Knowing my luck, the car will catch on fire or something.

Love it,
get the same feeling when I venture out of my happy place, might be easier to format the usb stick and start again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:28 pm 

paintah wrote:
Quote:
Knowing my luck, the car will catch on fire or something.

Love it,
get the same feeling when I venture out of my happy place, might be easier to format the usb stick and start again.

That's the thing though, I bought a brand new USB stick, chucked some tunez on it, and they all play from track # 6 in each folder!

I'm going to try what SSBB recommended and disconnect the battery on the weekend for half an hour or so, can't hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:45 pm 

Aussie, do the battery disconnection, at the worst it should not catch on fire.
bloody ol digital age, I remember cassettes, you would twist them give'm two tap's on the dashboard and off you go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:55 pm 

paintah wrote:
Aussie, do the battery disconnection, at the worst it should not catch on fire.
bloody ol digital age, I remember cassettes, you would twist them give'm two tap's on the dashboard and off you go.

Remember them well! Remember buying a Sony Walkman which had (shock horror) auto reverse - you didn't need to open the lid and flip the tape to hear Side B.

An uncle in the 70's had something prior to tapes, 8 track or something? Can't quite recall. Big bulky things.

Life was so much simpler back then.

Talk about a first world problem, all my music starts on track 6 on my USB stick. Oh the humanity. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:03 pm 

Aussie wrote:
Remember them well! Remember buying a Sony Walkman which had (shock horror) auto reverse - you didn't need to open the lid and flip the tape to hear Side B.

An uncle in the 70's had something prior to tapes, 8 track or something? Can't quite recall. Big bulky things.

Life was so much simpler back then.

Talk about a first world problem, all my music starts on track 6 on my USB stick. Oh the humanity. :oops:

My first car radio was in my FB Holden and it was a valve unit. They used a vibrator (no not a dildo) to up the voltage, mine kept stopping and I would need to flick the on/off switch to get it going again.

Thems were the days when mono radio ruled. :lol: :lol:

2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:57 pm 

Was watching a car show recently and a '50's something yank car had a radio that automatically increased the radio volume the faster you went. High tech for those days!

What cheeses me off with the radio in the LST is the chick that speaks over your tunes to say your exceeding the limit or whatever and dulls the radio volume. I have reduced the level of her voice but it quietens the song when she speaks a message

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:15 am 

Howdy, can anyone give some advice on getting my iPhone SE phone book to the stereo. Phone calls work great but when I try to add phone book the Bluetooth disconnects & says send phone book. Dmax 2013 hope someone has found a solution.