NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:01 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:07 am 

Getting bored not doing any mods and looking at what other crap I can bolt onto the truck. Although I have a lightbar and 4x4 Supacentre LED spots, was thinking of upgrading the lightbar as I've had it several years and there is bigger outputs available now with better distance capabilities on the newer bars. Apparently they are now up to 8D light technology, I think I'm on 2D from a few years ago.

Saw this thing come up from BAP Offroad and have since found other distributors. I know a lot of power outputs are BS these days, but 2880w and 446,400 lumen? I think my current lightbar is 250ish watts and 25,000 lumen. Can't imagine that the load on your battery would be healthy, and wonder what size fuse this thing would have? Still $100 delivered with a 5 year warranty. Anyone bought something similar and given it a go?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Quad-Row-CRE ... 2548.l4275

2012 LS-T, Mineral Grey. ARB Canopy, Traderack, Bullbar, Airtech Snorkel, XDC winch, Xray Vision driving lights, TX3345 GME radio, Dual Battery via Redarc VSR, OME 300kg Constant load suspension, factory towbar, Dueler 697 LT tyres, now 70,000km

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:03 am 

Well i think it is crap.

2880 Watts = 240 amps

A dmax alternator is i think 90 odd amps, meaning you will never be able to charge battery when it is on.

I call crap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:40 pm 

Pretty sure one of the MCG light towers might be pumping half a million lumen but not a $90 bar.
I did the calcs prior to posting on the size of fuse Id need. Be equivalent of running 2 or 3 winches simultaneously. Either way youd only get 10m down the road before the battery keeled over.

2012 LS-T, Mineral Grey. ARB Canopy, Traderack, Bullbar, Airtech Snorkel, XDC winch, Xray Vision driving lights, TX3345 GME radio, Dual Battery via Redarc VSR, OME 300kg Constant load suspension, factory towbar, Dueler 697 LT tyres, now 70,000km

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:20 pm 

Runnning similar power to 1 1/2 normal electric kettles, I think the lightbar may get hot.
With so much light coming out the front, it might begin to push the vehicle backwards with the photon emissions.

Seeing the light will be continuous duty ie, ON, then the cable to supply the current will be far bigger than than those to the starter motor.
With 5 more alternaters, (to supply the current requirements) bolted to the engine you may use a bit more fuel as the engine struggles to turn it all.
I wonder if you face it skywards during the day will it collect the sun in the reflectors and so charge the battery. Great idea ifit works.