NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: Lone Ranger fuel tank
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:18 am 

Developed a 40mm crack next to bottom weld in 147lt. Long Ranger fuel tank fitted just over three years ago by ARB. Bit of a nuisance considering we were in Northern Flinders Ranges,
Contacted the manufactures, who were very helpful, and with the tank serial number, were able to see when and who had built the tank in their factory . Recommended soap rubbed over the leak to slow the flow of diesel till we could get to a ARB dealer so they could determine whether it was a manufacturing fault[ which it was] or rock damage.
Bath soap worked a treat which meant we waited till we got to Warrnambool Off Road ARB to have the leak looked at.
Once up on the hoist, Brenden and the boys at Warrnambool Off Road could see that it was a manufacturing fault, they were ready to put the problem right at no cost to me even though they knew it was over its warranty period by a few months.
I was expecting that I would have assert and argue my consumer rights being out of the official warranty time.
so cheers and Thanks to Warrnambool Off Road and Long Ranger Fuel Tanks, you might pay a bit premium for their products at ARB but in this case the after sales service made it worth it.
Bob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:15 am 

Good to hear of some great customer service. Glad it worked out for you.

Tink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:58 am 

In similar situations away from help, you can clean the area of paint and use a vacuum cleaner or airbed pump to apply negative pressure to the tank and suck air into the fault, ie diesel not going out, and then apply Selleys Kneadit to the now dry crack/hole and allow it to harden. Sets quickly, Seals quite well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:23 am 

I think I recall many years ago that you use custard power on a petrol tank to give a temporary fix.

2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.