NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:58 am 

Hi all

I really want to upgrade the audio system. I can’t find any information to know what speakers I have, what size they are so I can start researching what I want.

Inevitably I was to replace all speakers to alpine since the heading unit is the 9” alpine head unit.

Couple of questions to replace the 9 speakers

What should I get for the door panels. Anyone created a set up I could copy. No bothered by cost just want an awesome sounds system in the car.

Where is the current subwoofer. And do I need to buy and amp to run more powerful speakers than the factory ones?

Any help, shopping list, pictures etc would be massively helpful got a 2 week holiday coming up to go shopping.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:17 am 

Assuming you've got a 2012 or later dmax here?

My SX dmax had some junk clarion (?) double DIN head unit and OEM 6x9 inch speakers in the front doors with nothing in the back.

Upgraded system has:
- ex demo sony head unit with car play etc
- 280$ worth of (cant remember brand) 6x9's in the front doors. Rated to around 350w, required some carpeted plywood spacers to fit nice inside door skin
- slim line 250w, 8in sub with inbuilt amp mounted behind rear passenger seat
- some diy sound deadening in the doors, mostly to stop the plastic inside rattling round.

Im pretty stoked with the set up for the money and dont think ill be changing much in the future. Couple things to note tho.
SX variants dont have carpeted floors so all other variants should see a bit better sound deadening in the floors.
Also i believe all other variants have 6 inch speakers in the back as well as some funky roof mounted surround sound thing(?) so if youre wanting some more go to yours there should already be appropriate wiring for you to use.

Cheers