NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:51 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: Check Auto cooler lines
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:40 pm 

Just finished a flush and filter change on my dmax auto box.. The cooler lines are in the way to get the sump off so I removed the first clamp to give more room. Not a good sight as it had warn through the plastic protector. Checked the second clamp and all ok. The design of the bracket appears to be too tight so I modified it and put plastic tube as a protector.
Good idea to check this out as I have only done 74k and no serious off roading. Cant see how this happens as its all fixed without any movement. I put it down to a crappy bracket design.

Attachments:
auto line clamp.jpg
auto line clamp.jpg [ 308.94 KiB | Viewed 438 times ]
auto line damage.jpg
auto line damage.jpg [ 290.94 KiB | Viewed 438 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:54 pm 

Towtug
That is a bit ordinary to have metal to metal and chaffing happening. Good you found it in time.
Using the plastic tubing should in there should stop it. Do you carry a piece of rubber hose and clamps to repair it if needed?
LR Discovery of a mate wore through an Auto hose about 4000km from new, lost all the fluid in about 30 seconds. Big long ride on flat top recovery and a few days to wait for parts, happened up north in WA.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:31 pm 

G'day Mydmax
Strange you sould say that but I did have a bit of hose and clamps but I donated that to a german couple in a left hand drive Defender at Mckillops Bridge with a broken filter on our last trip. This is near your turf not my job. Yes I was quite surprised to find that much wear considering the use. I put it down to a bad bracket. Heading back to Geehi and the high country next month.
I made the post so people could visually check if they have a problem. It's a bit hard to fix if you're in the middle of the Simpson
Thanks for your input.