NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:56 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: Esc light on constant
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:23 am 

Hi all. New me never here
I’ve recently purchased a 18 sx dmax and have had the esc light come on also have to use the shift lock every time to get out of park. The only thing I’ve done was wire in an electric brake control unit not hard but don’t see that effecting ESC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:17 am 

Mossy
The brake light switch has two separate sections and 4 wires.
One section tells the ECU what is being pressed and when, and the other section is the brake light section. Did you clearly identify the brake switch half and use that, output to rear lights signal, for your brake controller OR did you connect to the wrong section of the switch. To me it seems you don't have it connected to the right section.
If the connection you have created is interfering with the ECU side of the switch then it won't provide the correct sensing to say the pedal is depressed and release the shift lock solenoid.
If in doubt with the brake signal wire, take that signal from the wire which actually goes to the rear brake light filaments/LEDS, found along side sill.

My brake lights switch wires are Green and Red. Yours may be different. One is 12v constant supply and the other is switched to rear. On the brake light switch it is the pin which becomes live +ve when pedal is pushed which you need.

The Fact the ESC is indicating possibly means the added wire is connected to the incorrect side of the switch as the signal when pressed should indicate to the ECU system. If not correct the normal change down of gear when pedal is pushed will also not work.