NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:33 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:01 pm 

If it is not done up tight it will leak fuel and maybe suck air. It is a bit hard to do up, particularly the last cm or two. Keep an eye on it or try to screw it together just that little bit more.

Tink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:39 pm 

Thanks for the quick reply mate. No leaks and running fine. I loosened the ring, greased the thread, and re-tensioned
it, but ended up in the same position.

Guess I'll get them to check it next service. Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:20 am 

Just came across the invoice from Bursons - Fuel filter $22.50 Oil filter $19.85 Air filter $27.30.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:49 pm 

Just did my first service on my '13 model (110k), as for the previous 5 years it has been on a lease with all maintenance included. 7+ litres of Delo 400 in the belly and all filters changed.

I must say Tink, the fuel filter was the one thing that I was grateful for some instructions on, and your guide here was absolutely perfect, so thanks from me!

Some other observations to add to this very useful guide and topic:

- My fuel hose clamps were not the type to pinch with a pair of pliers. They were the typical worm drive ones with a screwdriver slot / 6mm head, like the other engine hose clamps. No idea if that is from the factory like that or whoever serviced it over the years changed them over. I much prefer this type anyway.

- When I took my old fuel filter out of the housing, it looked a bit different to the new Sakura one and had me scratching my head for a little bit. I was wondering if I had been given the wrong new filter. Turns out my old one was a Ryco which has been updated they say due to the OE one being updated:

http://www.rycofilters.com.au/products/ ... rticle/594

My Sakura was part number F1111, and it has allegedly been superceded by part F11112, but I can't find any pictures to see if they too have made the same changes to include that additional filter on the bottom.

- I had to prime the pump a good 30 times until I got solid resistance, although no fuel came out.

- There are 3 rubber o-rings in total to replace, they come with the kit. One on the side of the filter, one on the housing and one on the top of the filter.

Overall as Tink says it's pretty easy to do. I was taking my time, I reckon it took me 40 minutes all up, and that included me Googling the picture of the filter to see if I had the right one! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:47 am 

Well done mate.

My 2013 just came off lease with 110K on it as well.

May pay to check your front bearings. I just replaced mine together.

Tink

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6