Fuel line sizes from the fuel tank

Josh

Fuel line sizes from the fuel tank

Post by Josh »

I am trying to buy some spare fuel line before a trip out to the Simpson.

Can anyone tell me the size on the two rubber fuel lines from the fuel tank to the metal fuel line on the chassis. It is for a 2015 Dmax with a Long Ranger Tank fitted.

thanks
Josh

Re: Fuel line sizes from the fuel tank

Post by Josh »

Can someone also tell me the size of the heater hose as well so I can carry spare for that.

thanks
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

Josh
Surely, you can use a rule, calipers or even a piece of cardboard cut witha slot to match the pipe diameter and then measure it. What troubles me is you mentioned travelling across the Simpson. That surely asks for persons with some capabilities and innovative thinking to overcome any likely problems encountered during that trip! If needing to know such things I get underneath and find out. Then you definitely know and not "trusting" someone else who may have it WRONG. You do own the vehicle I presume.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I actually did measure them and went to parts supplier who advised me that it was the inside measurement of the fuel line they needed and not the external diameter/measurement due to different brands of fuel hose having different external diameters. Did he advise me incorrectly?
Danno

Post by Danno »

Measure the OD of the metal fuel line on the tank or chassis, that's the size you're after.
Cheers
Dan
Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

Yes Josh, Measure the pipe diameter as Danno and I mentioned to do, That way it doesn't matter if the HOSE wall thickness varies, the ID of the Hose, ie, the pipe diameter remains the same. Many times there are slight discrepancies in different makes of hose and a little push may be needed to fit a slightly smaller ID hose. When buying hose, take a drill of the same diameter as the steel pipe OR for heater Pipe diameter take a Marker pen of same diameter. Then you can try it before buy it. That way it takes away the confusion the parts man may cause.