Parts in WA

Tailwheel

Parts in WA

Post by Tailwheel »

Hi Guys, I have a real beef with Isuzu dealers in WA telling me to wait 10 days for parts to be shipped to the Pilbara,and thats from a LARGE Isuzu dealer. We all suffer from the crappy non service from Australia Post which has become normal here,,, but there are a lot of Isuzu's here that will get parked up if they need parts. I was told if I had a Toyota parts would be available,,, I wouldn't buy a Toyota from them ever. Pi$$ed off!
Regards,
Tailwheel.
Bob

Re: Parts in WA

Post by Bob »

Here in lies the problem, the Isuzu's are that reliable that the thought of them breaking down and needing spare parts never crossed their mind.

Toyota on the other hand needs to have a shipload of spare to keep them running :lol: :lol:
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.
mydmax

Re: Parts in WA

Post by mydmax »

TW
You can't blame Aust Post because they cannot send parts that are not posted. Have you checked if they actually have the parts and where the delay may be caused? The LARGE Isuzu dealer may only buy in parts as required from East Coast in Palachook land and don't hold stocks of something they rarely sell, so source it when required. Then they have to get it to WA to send north. Only 10 Days to the Pilbara is ok, Aust Post and Fastway couriers often take 10 to 14 days to get something From Melb to Bendigo, a mere 160km. I agree Toyota will most likely have the parts on hand because of the volume and likelyhood of sale. With the parcel amounts in transit, a while ago, my Local Aust Post depot had more than 3000 pallets, at the depot, of goods and parcels to move. Delivery vans engines never get cold. I imagine Perth, a large town, has a similar back log of stuff to move on a continuing basis.