2021 Dmax door auto re-lock

brian.bozo

2021 Dmax door auto re-lock

Post by brian.bozo »

Hi all.
I'm still trying to absorb all the gadgetry that comes with the new Dmax.
One thing that I'm struggling with at the moment is the remote locking system.
I have the LS-U model. The handbook says that if the the car is locked, then unlocked with the remote control, the car will relock the doors if the door isn't opened within 30 seconds or the key isn't inserted into the starter switch within 30 seconds.

This doesn't happen on my vehicle.
Any ideas?
Duck

Re: 2021 Dmax door auto re-lock

Post by Duck »

One of the lucky ones. Sorry can’t help as much as mine doesn’t do the auto lock either. Thankfully.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Mine also works as it should.

To stop it relocking after 30 seconds, I just open and close one of the doors.
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

Brian.
I have a 2010 corolla which if unlocked by me or inadvertantly unlocked it ALWAYS RELOCKS the doors after 30 seconds. My 2011 Dmax, exactly the same. Which vehicles for the last 15 years at least, do not have this feature? How far away from your vehicle when it doesn't relock in this way? A LSU WILL detect you nearby and possibly won't relock because it knows you are there.
In the handbook there are a few MODES which can be activated to suit your wishes and style of use. Maybe someone has altered it by fiddling and not realising they have done anything.
brian.bozo

Post by brian.bozo »

Thanks MD
The LSU has the simple key with remote lock/unlock buttons. The X-terrain has the passive entry and start system which uses the electronic key.(i.e. proximity sensing and hand touch door unlock). My Hilux operates properly....lock, then unlock without opening a door, will relock in 30 seconds. The LS-U is supposed to do the same thing.
Yeah, I understand the modes (Key, Ign, Shifter etc). I've worked through those and returned them to factory settings.
I've known two of the sales team at the dealership for many years and they've helped me a lot. I'll just note this issue for them to look at when the initial service is due. I just imagined it would be a quick fix.
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll try to remember to post the fix.
brian.bozo

Post by brian.bozo »

Hi guys
Just an update regarding the auto re-lock feature on my new D-max.
The dealership agrees that the feature (and procedure) as described in the handbook SHOULD be available, but they can't find a reason why the car won't auto re-lock. They tried the 5 new vehicles on the showroom floor but only one of them auto re-locks.
They say they've looked at all the likely scenarios but haven't found a fix. They say they've raised a fault ticket with Isuzu......will have to wait and see.
There was also a schedule notice on the car for them to check the window regulators. On some vehicles, the window is falling out, so some bracing is being installed. They had to remove the door trim, but.......when we got it back the passenger door wouldn't open from the inside...nor would it lock/unlock with the remote key fob.
An easy fix, but sadly the service manager started to say that it'd been tested then stopped himself from digging a bigger hole.
I'm glad of that. I've always found this dealership to be well regarded and up front. Always very helpful.
So stay tuned.
Cheers
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

Strange a number of vehicles don't work as programmed. Something missing somewhere. As to the windows, if the glass falls out, used to happen on some makes because the fixing glue gave up. Very sad they cannot return a door to correct operation. I would have no faith in their ability if the auto had to come apart. Not many bits in a door but quite a tad more in the autobox and correctness more important too.