Reverse camera

bravoboy300

Re: Reverse camera

Post by bravoboy300 »

Cheers guys, ill have a look. Worst case i go to the reverse lights...
bravoboy300

Post by bravoboy300 »

For those interested, in the engine bay fuse box is a black wire with a red trace. It is a reverse feed. On the autos there isnt a reverse light switch as its thru the inhibitor switch.. makes life a little easier
Steinrawr

Post by Steinrawr »

bravoboy300 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:37 pm For those interested, in the engine bay fuse box is a black wire with a red trace. It is a reverse feed. On the autos there isnt a reverse light switch as its thru the inhibitor switch.. makes life a little easier
Old thread, I know..
Are you sure? I tried testing continuity on all wires in engine bay fuse box to the backup light, but found none. Maybe I was not thorough enough.
Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Try fuse 10 on the interior fuse box.
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

Usually a fuse is a supply to the circuit to be protected and Is Not the switched supply which a downstream device relies on, ie, for a reverse camera. While there may well be a wire in a fuse box or close by which is switched by reverse being selected, the supply off a fuse for that circuit cannot be the desired wire to turn on a reverse beeper or camera. Typically, the fuse isn"t downstream of the switch. It is at the beginning to "Protect".