Audio steering and cruise control issues.

Dmuz

Audio steering and cruise control issues.

Post by Dmuz »

Hi guys.
I have installed an aftermarket audio control swith on my 2014 SX DMax. I have a few issues resulting from this. After numerous reconnection attempts it is not functioning with the AX3000 Sony head unit. Also the cruise control is not engaging. the Cruise control light comes on the dash however does not engage. With the new audio steering switch annew cable was installed under the airbag from the audio swich coupled with cruise control swich and plugged into the clock spring behind the steering wheel. Has anyone atteempted the same install and may be able to shed some light on what I have stuffed up. BTW I tried installing a steering wheel from a 2016 MUX with similar results in an attempt to rule out faulty wire or switch install.
Bob

Re: Audio steering and cruise control issues.

Post by Bob »

When I replaced my dead Clarion with a Eonon Android unit I tested the audio SWC and could not figure out why it didn't work. I contacted Aerpro and they told me what adaptor cable I needed and once fitted it all worked fine.

Try contacting them, I found them very helpful..
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.
Dmuz

Post by Dmuz »

Thanks Bob. I have the full aeropro kit and module.Connected and removed and reconnected a number of times following the connection sequence and still nothing. I am beginning to wonder if the povo pack SX does not have the same harness as the upgraded models, or there is a connector hidden somewhere I need to connect. I even tried reconnecting the key beep connector under the steering wheel in case that had some bearing.Clock spring is the same across all models so assumed harness would be the same.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Going back a couple of years when I was doing mine, I think there are only 2 wires that go to the steering wheel with each button having a different resistance value that is then interpreted to identify which button was pressed.

I would have thought that each model had the same wiring harness but maybe the base model might have missed out.
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.
Dmuz

Post by Dmuz »

Thanks mate. There you go. I wondered how it all worked considering there was so few wires going into the back of the head unit.I may have to go to a reputable installer to check it. Sounds like it may be getting past my capapbilities.