Steering wheel control wires

Bajanboy

Steering wheel control wires

Post by Bajanboy »

Hey guys , I am new to the forum, I have just installed an aftermarket stereo(pioneer) in my 2017 Dmax LS/ however I am having some trouble connecting the steering wheel controls, it is a Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel control interface.

It seems that they do not have Isuzu listed on their website for the wiring diagram and which wire/s should be used in the harness, can anyone help me out here?
bajanhitman

Re: Steering wheel control wires

Post by bajanhitman »

I am in the same boat 2019 DMAX lS. What wires am I supposed to use along with power and ground> I have 3 wires out stock harness not in use. Red Black and Grey
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

I haven't changed one with steering controls, but logic, if applied can provide positive results. IF, yes IF, you open the case of the old one you may find the various pins of connectors are identifiable by code or names on circuit board. Also, logic means if most pins are for aerial or speakers or camera etc, AFTER they are accounted for, the remaining ones are the steering controls. If they are tagged as function or + or - etc then it should be possible to confidently connect the steering wires.
Not having such info with all head units I have had to find out the wires by looking.
bajanhitman

Post by bajanhitman »

Well the issue is what ires on the axxess device are to be used as there are no instructions for this model vehicle, and I know nothing about circuit boards etc. I have my aftermarket deck in working with three wires out red black and grey neither of which are a ground or 12v all I would really like is a pin out of the stock radio harness but it seems impossible to find at the moment. After I know what those wires are for I have to find out which of the axxess wires are to be connected.
bajanhitman

Post by bajanhitman »

For future reference pin five on the radio harness is the SWC its black and white and this is for 2013-2019 isuzu dmax not sure of previous models
garrytre

Post by garrytre »

>Steering wheel control wires
When I saw that I imagined push-pull control cables. Wiring loom for a stereo isn't so romantic. Pity.
If it ain't broke, fix it til it is.