Best inspection camera < $200 ?

Anything Regarding D-Max's/Colorado
rwally

Best inspection camera < $200 ?

Post by rwally »

I just used 2 cans of Liqui Moly diesel decarb spray to clean the soot from my inlet manifold. My laptop's USB camera ($50 from Jaycar) is not adequate to inspect the status of the manifold close to the cylinder head by poking it down the throttle body.
Any recommendations for a better camera?
CN1980

Re: Best inspection camera < $200 ?

Post by CN1980 »

i did the same thing this weekend, I had a 'professional' on car clean about 50k km ago and fitted a catch can, when i looked inside the throttle body the butterfly was caked up with crap.I ended up removing the throttle body and cleaning it.The inlet manifold had about 5mm of crap built up on the on inside but i wasn't keen on trying to take that off, hence the liqui moly.Im not convinced it will get it all off having seen pictures of inlet manifolds from other 4JJ1s with carbon/soot/goo build up.Good luck with the camera!
rwally

Post by rwally »

Here's what I bought.
https://www.totaltools.com.au/81598-det ... era-gl8823
Seems to work well and showed the black/grey soot covering the butterflies (swirl flaps?) near the cylinder head. I'd guess the soot is 2 to 3mm thick. If my fuel consumption doesn't show an improvement then I'll remove the manifold for a DIY manual clean.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Heaps on eBay for around the $20.00 mark. Thes work to your smart phone so no costly screen needed.
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.