toyota and isuzu auto gearboxes

Anything Regarding D-Max's/Colorado
mydmax

Re: toyota and isuzu auto gearboxes

Post by mydmax »

I doubt very much that the fluid used was Genuine Isuzu. They may tell you it is but a dealer will use the cheapest and not necessarily the best. If it came out like that it seems it isn't up to the task at all. If Fuchs is listed in the handbook as a trans fluid then Isuzu may accept it as ok but recommend and call Fuchs a Isuzu Genuine fluid, I think not. Good you have Nulon Syn in there, it would be quite good. I have no faith in Fuchs oils, not trans but engine oil. Seen it give up when very hot in a hard working turbo engine.
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

I have 2021 Isuzu dmax towing a van it revs to 3400rpm before it changes gear does anyone else have this problem between 3rd and 4th and it will not cruse control in sports mode like it did in my 2012 Colorado did should have never sold the Colorado
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

Gilly are you using sport mode for this situation? 3400 change in 3rd to 4th is more than 85kmh and you must have your foot hard down to achieve that or the van is quite heavy, or both!
Any reason you are doing that instead of letting the box select as it is programmed to do. Perhaps the auto won't run cruise as it thinks you want to be sporty and not cruisey.
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

j
Just take off in auto and let the box do it thing. some times i put it sports to change it to stop the revs