2020 D Max Steering is dangerous

Anything Regarding D-Max's/Colorado
headlikeabox

Re: 2020 D Max Steering is dangerous

Post by headlikeabox »

Tink wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:51 am Lots and lots of people don’t have any issues. Think a lot of the problems are a result of driving styles.
Yeah I don't have an issue. It hardly rips the steering wheel out of your hands, it is more a suggestion you feel.
I can see drivers that are aggressive and love tailgating not liking the new driver aids. I love them.
KasydM5

Post by KasydM5 »

mydmax wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:13 pm If you fit a small 12v relay to momentarily bridge the contacts/pins of the switch which turns the system OFF when at startup. the system will be OFF. To set the relay ON time, fit an electrolytic capacitor to the positive side and other side of the cap to negative. When starting, the relay gets a start pulse from the "ignition" wire and depending on the size capacity of the capacitor, ie, hang ON time of the relay coil, the system will see the same as you pressed and held the exclude button for a period of time. That way, every time, the start signal will turn ON and hold ON the relay for a short time, which is the same as the asking/pressing the button to turn the system OFF. Same will work for the stupid auto engine stop systems which many cars have. My friends Mazda does it and can be made to turn off automatically via the above addition.
First time post,, We took delivery of our X-Terrain 6 weeks ago and unfortunatley out of pure fear and desperation I've found my way here.
In short, I need a permanent solution to what I believe is the extremely dangerous implementation of the LKA & LDP feature.
I've been involved in the automotive industry for well over 30 years, I have owned and drive countless current new vehicles, however, never In my life have I ever had the steering wheel yanked so violently out of my hands like I've had it occur in the new Dmax.
My experience with the LKA & LDP system seems to be consistent with all the other reports I've read here, I do drive both city and country and I've now lost so much confidence in this vehicle that I've parked it until a solution can be found, otherwise I will have to sell it, it's that much of a deal breaker for me.

mydmax, I'm going to take your advise and have our auto elec see if he can apply this magic to our Dmax, I really like the rest of this vehicle very very much so Im crossing my fingers this works... Keep you posted.
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

Kasyd
Seeing you also are having thesame experiences with the system, send a complaintto Isuzu directly, not through dealer as the repreßentation would change somewhat. Also make a direct complaint to the National Recall system which Inposted a few posts back. They needto know as they will then contact Isuzu for a "please explain". Unless owners do that nothing will change, as Isuzu seem to be deaf to the issue.
KasydM5

Post by KasydM5 »

mydmax wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:16 pm Kasyd
Seeing you also are having thesame experiences with the system, send a complaintto Isuzu directly, not through dealer as the repreßentation would change somewhat. Also make a direct complaint to the National Recall system which Inposted a few posts back. They needto know as they will then contact Isuzu for a "please explain". Unless owners do that nothing will change, as Isuzu seem to be deaf to the issue.
Thanks for the reply mydmax, I've sent an email to Isuzu directly and am waiting their reply, I'm not expecting much to be honest but I want it on record. I'll also be following up with the National Recall System as posted. I'll update things back here soon.
Logan4805

Post by Logan4805 »

I'm in the Same boat, I bought a BT50XT Manual it doesn't have an override switch only the MID function.

The Bruce between Townsville and Rocky as most people know is a very poor stretch of road. The system is fine on unmarked back roads and urban areas but as soon as I get onto the A1 it will do whatever is possible to pull Left off the road even though I'm already in the left hand side of my lane. Shocking with the roadworks ATM as you are driving over every line known to man. Business card trick is the way to go until the engineers pull there fingers out of their ass.
Xterrain

Post by Xterrain »

I have owned my Xterrain for about 4 months now, and at first the Lane assist was a little different and it did feel like the car was pulling me hard into my lane, but after a couple of encounters the term "Assist" is all it is, you can manoeuvre the Dmax out of the lane assist without any issue's, Granted you do feel the wheel tighten a little but once you do cross that line the Lane assist deactivates and engages once you have centred yourself on the road again. New tech is fantastic and didn't take long to get use to it either, only annoying thing I don't like is the constant Break warnings and alarm tones when I clearly know myself I am not in any danger, that bit I don't get, other than that she is a Beauty.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Xterrain wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:01 am I have owned my Xterrain for about 4 months now, and at first the Lane assist was a little different and it did feel like the car was pulling me hard into my lane, but after a couple of encounters the term "Assist" is all it is, you can manoeuvre the Dmax out of the lane assist without any issue's, Granted you do feel the wheel tighten a little but once you do cross that line the Lane assist deactivates and engages once you have centred yourself on the road again. New tech is fantastic and didn't take long to get use to it either, only annoying thing I don't like is the constant Break warnings and alarm tones when I clearly know myself I am not in any danger, that bit I don't get, other than that she is a Beauty.
You can adjust the AEB sensitivity. Change it the near and it won’t be an issue again. New setting remains after restarting.

Tink
GMitchell

Post by GMitchell »

I'm also in the same boat, I've got an XT BT50.. .... On country roads and bad road markings, beeps at everything, pulls me almost into oncoming traffic and cyclists. Likewise I listed a complaint with the federal govt website.
Would love to know a solution, card you say? And I'll try to adjust sensitivity for brake alert. It all drives me mad, for an otherwise nice vehicle.
GMitchell

Post by GMitchell »

KasydM5 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:44 am
mydmax wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:13 pm If you fit a small 12v relay to momentarily bridge the contacts/pins of the switch which turns the system OFF when at startup. the system will be OFF. To set the relay ON time, fit an electrolytic capacitor to the positive side and other side of the cap to negative. When starting, the relay gets a start pulse from the "ignition" wire and depending on the size capacity of the capacitor, ie, hang ON time of the relay coil, the system will see the same as you pressed and held the exclude button for a period of time. That way, every time, the start signal will turn ON and hold ON the relay for a short time, which is the same as the asking/pressing the button to turn the system OFF. Same will work for the stupid auto engine stop systems which many cars have. My friends Mazda does it and can be made to turn off automatically via the above addition.
First time post,, We took delivery of our X-Terrain 6 weeks ago and unfortunatley out of pure fear and desperation I've found my way here.
In short, I need a permanent solution to what I believe is the extremely dangerous implementation of the LKA & LDP feature.
I've been involved in the automotive industry for well over 30 years, I have owned and drive countless current new vehicles, however, never In my life have I ever had the steering wheel yanked so violently out of my hands like I've had it occur in the new Dmax.
My experience with the LKA & LDP system seems to be consistent with all the other reports I've read here, I do drive both city and country and I've now lost so much confidence in this vehicle that I've parked it until a solution can be found, otherwise I will have to sell it, it's that much of a deal breaker for me.

mydmax, I'm going to take your advise and have our auto elec see if he can apply this magic to our Dmax, I really like the rest of this vehicle very very much so Im crossing my fingers this works... Keep you posted.
Any luck with this??
Danno

Post by Danno »

Had a look at the new MUX today that was released yesterday (Friday 30/7) just out of curiosity and ended up speaking with a salesman about the LCA that is upsetting people and he said straight up that he knew of the problem in the DMax (unusual to even admit that) and it has been reworked and de-sensitised and much improved on the MUX, he said it's very noticeable when driving and I was welcome to test it out. I declined as I have no interest in the current models.
I asked whether it was just a software upgrade or was there hardware involved and he didn't know. I would assume software only and in that case there will probably be an update shortly for the DMax that hopefully improves it for those that don't like it. As for a single button to turn the stupid thing off it will never happen as ANCAP will no longer allow it....
Cheers
Dan
Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549