Great Customer Care Experience

Anything Regarding D-Max's/Colorado
danjan

Great Customer Care Experience

Post by danjan »

So I just had a great experience, which could have been a bloody shocker.

Background - During my 120,000 k service on my '17 Dmax I asked them to check the siren noise from the turbo. Agreed replacement was warranted, could not do at the time, scheduled for 11th Jan. Asked If I could drive for some work trips to Newcastle. Ok.

Heading to job this morning, Limp mode.

Called Isuzu Roadside, NRMA says Boost code blah blah, needs to be towed. I'm 4 hrs from home and my dealership south of Wollongong.

Can't get my dealer service on phone, not open Saturday. Newcastle not open, Cardif is open, says get it in. Im loaded with tools in the boxes, need to get work done and no security on job.

Isuzu customer care has the ute to the dealer for diagnosis before 11 am, me ubered to hire car shop and in a triton with locking canopy. Then into a hotel of my choice, which I'd been staying in occasionally and lets me pay the difference for my choice of room for the next 3 days.

Hoping to have the new turbo fitted and back on my way in a few days!

Pretty happy with that.

Cheers,
mydmax

Re: Great Customer Care Experience

Post by mydmax »

DanJan.
That is a good result and what should happen re warranty. It seems you are easily pleased. However, the question is: Why would a service agent, Knowing full well all is NOT OK with the turbo, say OK to travel away????. Just doesn't make any sense! A noise in a turbo could mean a failure within the hour or 1 minute later They could have no way of knowing how long it would or could work for with an obvious noise, and extremely careless to send you on your way and away as well, as you have found out. Some serious discussion should follow between you and the dealer! You are lucky it didn't happen going down hills or mountains. If the engine is not running then there is no vacuum to operate the brakes after a couple of applications, maybe the ABS pump may save you if it detects hard pedal, not sure. I would not like to try it.
Russian Roulette, and it did go bang! No skin off the end of their bits though? Could have been lots of skin off your bits!
danjan

Post by danjan »

Thanks, all good points and don't worry I will be taking it up with them. Though really not expecting much..
danjan

Post by danjan »

Oh and about being easily pleased, I'm not. I just know the extent these guys go to to avoid liability. I had a '14 Ranger XLT that they knew I towed 3T with regularly, was overheating at 90,000k like into the red up against the needle. They spent 6 weeks diagnosing, changing fan, trying to blame my bullbar and lights. Ended up being the fact they didn't adhere to heavy towing maintenance and changing trany fluid every 35,000k. They changed the fluid. All better, though they wouldn't even appease me by changing the cooked engine oil.

I prefer not to go there, though they are next to my workshop and have nice loan cars.

Cheers