2020 D Max Steering is dangerous

Anything Regarding D-Max's/Colorado
Ayandee

Re: 2020 D Max Steering is dangerous

Post by Ayandee »

Hi All
I have covered 5000kms in the new Dmax and have just accepted it is fitted with a fairly crude version of a good idea
I have two earlier models which are great cars as is this except for the IDAS.
I have also found the cameras are sensitive to anything on the windscreen so it needs to be perfectly clean for reasonable operation
FatHead

Post by FatHead »

Adding fuel to the fire. I've received a 2021 model for work. Something seriously wrong with this vehicle as my lane assist fires me in the wrong direction!
My hands are completely off the steering wheel. The car thinks I've come too close to the centreline, and then fires the wheel right into oncoming traffic.
After it crosses the centre line it then tries to correct by moving the wheel to the left (which is the correct direction) but then gives up as it loses the road markings.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/s8V9czel8Ww

Back to the dealership it goes, and I won't be driving it again until it's disabled by default.
Danno

Post by Danno »

Isuzu were meant to have toned it right down in the new MUX and apparently it's much less intrusive. There may be a software update available by now so take it back and insist they check as they will play dumb because it will have to be done free. The actual salesmen are very aware of the problem, the few people we get on here complaining about it is just a drop in the ocean..

Off topic posts were deleted and will continue to be...
Cheers
Dan
Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549
Tink

Post by Tink »

The MY22 Dmax will have a lane assist disable button on the steering wheel and it will be a retro fitted option for the MY21 model. IUA did a press release earlier this week confirming this.
John Citizen

Post by John Citizen »

Came across this wreck. Unfortunately it doesn't look like anyone would have survived. Makes you wonder whether the lka contributed in any way to the crash. It appears this vehicle was only a couple of weeks old too.

https://www.pickles.com.au/damaged-salv ... 2252555420
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

The ECU of that vehicle may be able to be interrogated, if not already done by crash investigators. It would show if Lane Keep Assist activated just before the demise of the vehicle. It wasn't just a normal crash, this one more severe than most seen.
sardigarmi44

Post by sardigarmi44 »

I have now driven 5,000 kms in my new Dmax on country highways and must say how terrible and unsettling the LKA & LDP feature is. It is taking away the positive experience of driving this new car. Its not consistent in how it operates and its always tugging on the wheel, even when I have not even put my tyres on the white line.
mobdro apk
Tink

Post by Tink »

sardigarmi44 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:52 pm I have now driven 5,000 kms in my new Dmax on country highways and must say how terrible and unsettling the LKA & LDP feature is. It is taking away the positive experience of driving this new car. Its not consistent in how it operates and its always tugging on the wheel, even when I have not even put my tyres on the white line.
mobdro apk
Take it to your dealer and have the LKA/LDP update installed.

Tink
bhuvahh

Post by bhuvahh »

I have heard this complaint from quite a few car testers/reviewers so maybe a bit of reprogramming or a switch might be in it's future but knowing Isuzu don't count on it.
Tink

Post by Tink »

There is a free dealer fitted switch for manuals and a free dealer software upgrade for autos. New models come standard with the upgrade so Isuzu have delivered a solution.