Isuzu DMax MUX body & inner guard crack

Anything Regarding D-Max's/Colorado
mydmax

Re: Isuzu DMax MUX body & inner guard crack

Post by mydmax »

Goody.
Having a look like you did is good hear of. You are the only person I know of who has decided to check like that. Commendable. Gives a sense of knowing what is what I reckon. You have made me wonder if it is more likely to be a problem on longer bodies, ie, not single or Extra but dual cab and Mux bodies. I must investigate further.
garrytre

Post by garrytre »

goody59 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:54 pm I did a poll on a FB group for Dmaxes and at about 80 or so owners without inner guard issues there were 7 that had inner guard cracking but owners were not expanding on if there was known causes or how they delt with the cracks as in warranty, insurance or just attempts to repair.
As a spectator to this and other similar threads, it seems that lots of people who start loud about their problems suddenly go quite. From comments over the years, it seems that to get stuff fixed, they have to sign non-disclosure agreements. Of course, like any good conspiracy theory, the lack of proof proves it. ;-)
If it ain't broke, fix it til it is.
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

Garrytre
The signing of the "shut up and we will fix it" paper is pretty well standard practice from companies wishing to limit the spread of word of mouth about an issue. Nissan did it with the TWISTED from NEW D40 Navara's of which many many were sold throughout Australia. In Nissan's case, Australia was a perfect dumping ground for the malformed vehicles. It seems no one has determined the cause or fault in Isuzu panel issue.
goody59

Post by goody59 »

The cracking inner guard is something to look out for. Not much more than that. Like cracking in axle housings, split cv boots and everything else that wears and can go wrong as a part of ongoing maintenance and care as owners. We buy these Dmax's to use and that is what we do, use but not abuse and maintain as required.