Vic high country

Stop Dreaming and Get Out There
garjim

Vic high country

Post by garjim »

Doing a bit of forward planning here.......we have tickets and accom booked for Bathurst and the MotoGP at PI, after that we are planning to spend a bit of time exploring the Vic high country on our way back to Sydney for a 3 day horse event.
I have just ordered the Boiling Billy guide to 20 tracks, but would be interested in hearing from anyone that may have info or GPS tracks they would like to share.......our rig is a touring rig and neither the vehicle or my skills are up to doing extreme tracks so I want to plan this part of the trip pretty carefully so we don't get into trouble up there :)
Thanks in advance.....

Regards Jim
Jackofjr

Re: Vic high country

Post by Jackofjr »

Jim I know my way around the Vic Highcountry pretty well but unfortunately most of it is closed until the just before the Melbourne Cup Weekend .
garjim

Post by garjim »

Thanks Jacko, that should work ok for us, we have the period 4th to the 11th of Nov pencilled in for the high country trip......Leona's birthday is Melb Cup day so we have that pencilled in as well :)

Cheers Jim
Jackofjr

Post by Jackofjr »

How long do you plan to look around the Highcountry will you be camping ?
garjim

Post by garjim »

We'll have basically the week from the 4th till the 12th of November when we need to be in Sydney.....we will have a trailer with my BM on it and will have moved the RTT from the Dmax to the top of the trailer as we pass through SE QLD.....general thoughts are that we would look at setting up the trailer at a couple of campsites and doing day trips......
Jackofjr

Post by Jackofjr »

I really don't know what to suggest there really is penty of options , the Cattlemans Huts , Craig's Hut , Wonongatta Station are probably worth a look , you could set up camp near Mansfield for those .

Over this side you could camp at Licola or Dargo , Blue Rag Range Tk is a nice Ridge Top drive great scenery on a clear day , Billy Goats Bluff Tk is another good drive , but it is considered extream , so is Blue Rag I guess , in dry weather most tracks can be driven without much trouble .

What's the BM you have in the trailer .
garjim

Post by garjim »

Thanks Jacko for your thoughts, I'll get the BB guide and have a good read and may well PM you for some more info as we get closer......I guess my main concern is not to finish up somewhere that becomes to tough to tackle......looking at maps of the area there seems to be a mass of tracks, so need to plan carefully I reckon......1150GSA :D

Cheers Jim