Kakadu over Easter

Stop Dreaming and Get Out There
Myst

Kakadu over Easter

Post by Myst »

Hi all,

headed down to Kakadu over the Easter weekend, any recommendations as to where to go for day trips with young kids? Staying at Cooinda so central to the main body of the park.

Cheers and thanks
Alan
Currently experiencing life at a rate of several WTF's a minute...

My build thread - http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=712
Dropbear74

Re: Kakadu over Easter

Post by Dropbear74 »

Ubirr and Cahills crossing are great if the road is open. Ubirr at sunset in particular is worth a look.
DB74

2012 LS-T, Mineral Grey. ARB Canopy, Traderack, Bullbar, Airtech Snorkel, XDC winch, Xray Vision driving lights, TX3345 GME radio, Dual Battery via Redarc VSR, OME 300kg Constant load suspension, factory towbar, Dueler 697 LT tyres, now 70,000km
Scamper

Post by Scamper »

Agree with Dropbear, also Norlangie rock, a day trip to Gunlom Falls. There is also a good hill to climb not far from Cooinda camp ground, forgot it's name, we climbed it last year, good way to tire out the kids, take some water, great views.
Myst

Post by Myst »

Thanks guys, thinking we'll do Cahills/ Ubirr one day, then head down to Gunlom the next if i can get the kids away from the pool at the resort lol
Currently experiencing life at a rate of several WTF's a minute...

My build thread - http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=712
Dropbear74

Post by Dropbear74 »

Myst wrote:Thanks guys, thinking we'll do Cahills/ Ubirr one day, then head down to Gunlom the next if i can get the kids away from the pool at the resort lol
Hey mate. I was going to suggest the usual suspects of Gunlom, Twin a Falls and Maguk, but unsure if the roads are open, although we have had naff all wet season so you would probably be ok.
DB74

2012 LS-T, Mineral Grey. ARB Canopy, Traderack, Bullbar, Airtech Snorkel, XDC winch, Xray Vision driving lights, TX3345 GME radio, Dual Battery via Redarc VSR, OME 300kg Constant load suspension, factory towbar, Dueler 697 LT tyres, now 70,000km