ATTN Victoria: DMAX / MUX High Country Meet Up

Stop Dreaming and Get Out There
Jackofjr

Re: ATTN Victoria: DMAX / MUX High Country Meet Up

Post by Jackofjr »

Aussie wrote:
Jackofjr wrote:Anyway good experience was had by all , we all made it home with nothing broken .
And that's the thing - you guys had a ball, the rest of us were supporting the economy and working! :lol: :lol:

I know where I'd rather be!

Look forward to the video of that hill!
Yep Aussie you keep up the good work , I didn't have time last night when we got home , we are now in East Gippsland trying to catch some fish .

I will post a few photos and videos when home in a week or maybe 2 , stay tuned .
Jackofjr

Post by Jackofjr »

Today we pulled 30+ Flattys out of Lake Tyres ( lost count )
Silver caught the biggest 86cm , the wife and I were happy with a few up to 65-66cm , we released them all , didn't want to get our hands smelly , we will keep a few tomorrow at Mallacoota.
Silver05

Post by Silver05 »

All I can/will do now is hope ARB can do something. I'm not replacing it. They have said it could be some copper tube inside which has not been fitted properly. I don't really care what it is. I just want it to work and they have said it will be repaired under warranty. I'm not jumping the gun...i'll just see what happens.
I'm not going to spend the next year carrying on about it. I've got it and it ain't going anywhere...working or not. I'm not going to spend anymore big money on this thing. A couple of tweaks and that's it. Anyway...the fishing has been good and Lake Tyres worked out really well for us. We had a good camp site and the fishing was excellent and they were in really good condition. We must have got 30 between us. Could have got more but that was enough for us in half a day. They are all back in the water and we are now at Mallacoota and I will show Jacko and his missus what a really big flathead looks like!! :D
Jackofjr

Post by Jackofjr »

Mallacoota Flattys didn't quite play the game , we did get a few , enough for tea last night ,
Silver is back home in Tathra , we are staying tonight here and will head towards home tomorrow via , I dunno yet , somewhere.
Silver05

Post by Silver05 »

Thanks to jacko and Shaz for their hospitality. All up a good trip. Plenty of firsts for me...getting up 2/3rds of Army Track was fun, got my first ever trout (wild brown) in the stream where we camped, first time fishing at Lake Tyres, first time in the high country, first time I tried to use the locker in anger :D , first time I got to see how heavy the Tonka Toy is...and I reckon I can keep it legal now I know.
I have a few things to modify/add over the next 8 weeks to get everything how I want it before the longer trips next year.
gmax

Post by gmax »

Silver did you try the rock face on army track? Or go to the right around the rocks
Dropbear74

Post by Dropbear74 »

Just missed you guys by a week or two at Tyres, my cousin has also been pulling good flathead out of there over the last week.
DB74

2012 LS-T, Mineral Grey. ARB Canopy, Traderack, Bullbar, Airtech Snorkel, XDC winch, Xray Vision driving lights, TX3345 GME radio, Dual Battery via Redarc VSR, OME 300kg Constant load suspension, factory towbar, Dueler 697 LT tyres, now 70,000km
Jackofjr

Post by Jackofjr »

gmax wrote:Silver did you try the rock face on army track? Or go to the right around the rocks
I chose Army Tk for Silver to try because it is the least challenging track , apart from the Rock Face as you call it , that bit is getting a little snotty .

I have give Silver 10/10 for having a go , he had the option of taking the bypass but wanted to have a crack , if the Air Locker had not of failed he would of made it .

I went up first with both eLockers locked , even then it still had a bit of a scratch but did it pretty easy

Mate in the new Hilux next with factory Rear Locker he had a couple of foot of daylight under the front left wheel but made it ok .

Silver was last , I really did think he would of taken the bypass after seeing the Hilux with wheels in the air .
Anyway he got to try his winch out .

It was all good nothing broken and I got to drive a new Hilux up and down Flats Track and you know Gmax , Flats Tk if far from Flat .

I have photos and Video , I will post some when we get home later this week or next week .

Anyway Gmax when you coming for a run ?
Jackofjr

Post by Jackofjr »

Dropbear74 wrote:Just missed you guys by a week or two at Tyres, my cousin has also been pulling good flathead out of there over the last week.
Maybe next time then DB , you back in Darwin now ? How did the trip go did you go over Hotham ?
Dropbear74

Post by Dropbear74 »

Back in Darwin mate. Good trip over Hotham, clear sky's which was great and over all lucky with the weather considering the last couple of months there. Needed 3 months instead of 3 weeks but good to venture through there all the same.
DB74

2012 LS-T, Mineral Grey. ARB Canopy, Traderack, Bullbar, Airtech Snorkel, XDC winch, Xray Vision driving lights, TX3345 GME radio, Dual Battery via Redarc VSR, OME 300kg Constant load suspension, factory towbar, Dueler 697 LT tyres, now 70,000km