DTC code P2621

reload_43

DTC code P2621

Post by reload_43 »

Hi

My 2008 dmax gives this code only at nights some times, I would clear it and it works for days or weeks before coming back. (Never appear during the day)

What are your thoughts on 4this code?
Mike C

Re: DTC code P2621

Post by Mike C »

If it's a sensor input low voltage code it could be a bad battery or alternator.
reload_43

Post by reload_43 »

Thanks for your reply, a new heavy duty battery was installed last year Nov. Alternate test passed.
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

Given the age of the vehicle and being intermittent, I would be unplugging any loom plug you find and ensuring it is clean and free of verdigrese, the green corrosion. or infact ANY corrosion. Also check earthing wiring eyes bolted to negative as they often get dirty and under load, ie, night time reduces the flow and makes the circuit think is has low voltage because the voltage differential across a component is altered.
Also because of vehicle age it may be the throttle position sensor near your right foot may be worn in it's carbon resistance paths. Only opening it and looking OR multimeter testing of resistance change continuity, ie, follows as you move the mechanism. All should be reading smooth change on the multimeter.
If the vehicle has ever had water inside the footwell that may cause wiring deficiencies and or throttle unit faults.
reload_43

Post by reload_43 »

Thank for your input but a time the engine light came on with the same code while it was idling.
Mike C

Post by Mike C »

That generally indicates a voltage problem-battery/alternator/wiring or earths.
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

That could be the same as I said above. The throttle unit may have faulty wiring/connections or be worn inside where it sits while idling or the position it is most when running. Code P2621 is LOW Voltage on the throttle position output to the ECU. It has to be a range of voltage to sense throttle position, but if it is lower than it should be the ECU will detect that level in relation to the input feed voltage and determine it is TOO LOW TO be useful for the ECU.
reload_43

Post by reload_43 »

Gotcha, thanks mydmax and Mike C for your input I will check those connection first then go from there.