Speedometer intermittent or US.

Tailwheel

Speedometer intermittent or US.

Post by Tailwheel »

Hi Guys, Have a problem with no speedo or odometer, but sometimes intermittent. Got underneath and found the VSS [speed sensor] quite loose like it was 'unscrewed' from the rear of the box,, wiring looks OK, tightened the fitting but no luck. Suspect the VSS is at fault so ordered another one [only one available in Melbourne]. Sent an email to one dealer to order the part as they don't advertise a phone number for parts,, but still no response. Could anyone please advise a more reasonable Isuzu dealer in the Perth area? I think I will be in the Perth district for at least 14 days.

Thanks all,,,,
Regards,
Tailwheel.
Bob

Re: Speedometer intermittent or US.

Post by Bob »

I would recommend Major Motors. I needed some clips for the heater panel in the centre console and they had them very quickly although from Melbourne might take a bit longer.
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.
Tailwheel

Post by Tailwheel »

Thank for the heads up Bob, appreciate it,,
Regards,
Tailwheel.
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

Maybe the sensor is a magetic induction item and could have magnetic metal particles on it's sense end. If so remove and clean. Mightfix it when tight. It a hall snsor item then it counts teeth and can suffer same problem.
Tailwheel

Post by Tailwheel »

Thanks MD, I shall check that too, Cheers
Regards,
Tailwheel.