Broken CV

Jackofjr

Re: Cv axles

Post by Jackofjr »

Apparently according to one place I checked for CV's they are the same for the latest Dmax and right back to the earlier Dmax and Rodeo , that's good to know if you are stuck in some out of the way place .
baz

Post by baz »

TC is really rough on the CV's. When i took mine for a rough 4x4, got stuck lots with a wheel in the air, the TC was going crazy and I could hear the CV's clunking alot. I just turn it off all together now. Doesn't help at all once a wheel is in the air anyways.
Jackofjr

Post by Jackofjr »

That's right baz when there is only fresh air for traction the TC is useless , I have had fitted 2x E- lockers .
Dmaxdude

Broken CV

Post by Dmaxdude »

Hey everybody

I managed to brake a cv in my 2015 dmax the other day. : ;) the cv is still attached OK. But is clearly broken. I have driven it a bit since In 2wd. Is this OK to continue until I fit my new one in the next couple of days?

Cheers
chandkumar3g

Re: Broken CV

Post by chandkumar3g »

I have had a bit of a look on eBay they are not all the expensive , probably just get what ever I can get quickly this time .
Danno

Post by Danno »

Well this doesn't look like another spammer at all does it?.....Lets see...1st post and answer a years old topic with a one line answer like you've been here forever, IP address is in a country to our NW (username will probably help). The next move is to wait a day or two and then edit this post to include a link to some stupid site overseas or do a second post with said link.
Cheers
Dan
Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549
CN1980

Post by CN1980 »

has anyone on here used aftermarket CVs?..any good?..the stock ones seem to fail regularly, can they be any worse?!.
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

CN1980
There are a few who have broken a cv and someowners have managed two or three cv's broken. There are alot of people who have never broken one,. So regularly may not be really the situation.
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

I asked someone from 4wd24/7 and in his words re the dmax CV's .... weak as piss :( :(

New model should hopefully be better with the redesigned front suspension .
CN1980

Post by CN1980 »

I need some help diagnosing a clunk i get when on full lock in reverse, it happens with full lock either way, and only in reverse and only 1 clunk?.Was thinking dodgy CVs?.its a 2014 manual Dmax 150000k's..any ideas?..