Auto transmission TCU tune

mavtd

Auto transmission TCU tune

Post by mavtd »

Anyone have their TCU tuned/modded?
Mine seems to constantly fall out of lock-up under 80km/h. 2-3-4 changes are all "sloppy" with it taking at least 3 seconds after shifting to finally have the the Torque Converter lock out which is definitely messing with the economy.
Even in manual mode it'll fall out of lock-up with anything less than about 20% throttle. More throttle and it will lock and use the engine torque to pull.
It's got 155K km on it and the trans with serviced (new fluid and filter) at 150K.
Tink

Re: Auto transmission TCU tune

Post by Tink »

Have all the updates been done by an Isuzu dealer?

Tink
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

mavtd
Have you connected a scan tool to see if there is any codes present/pending?
The throttle position sensor on the throttle body may be a bit dicey and not always connecting and giving trouble in the throttle position where it has been used most of it's life. Some are removable and cleanable and an inspection of the carbon track path may reveal undue wear or it is dirty. Not common but possible.
If removing it, firstly positively mark it's position where it is bolted so you can return it to the same spot.

I would look there first of all.
paste248

Post by paste248 »

GOOD EVENING FROM GREECE I HAVE AN ISUZU D MAX 2017 1.9 RZ4E WITH AUTOMATIC SUSPENSION aisin awr6b45
AFTER BREAK OF collar passes OIL FOR REFRIGERATOR Caiaphas EPISKEFFTHIKA AUTHORIZED WORKSHOP MY OILS SUPPLEMENTED Gearbox AUTOMATIC BUT after some time ANEPTIXA WHEN HIGH SPEED sends OIL IN UPPER SIDE OF Gearbox NOT AFFECT MY HAVE CHANGES TAFTITAS
CAN IT HELP ME WHAT IS HAPPENING
THE REPRESENTATION IN GREECE DOES NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE SAMAN AUTOMATICS
THANK YOU PANAGIOTIS