LS-U and Clearview Mirrors

delta18

LS-U and Clearview Mirrors

Post by delta18 »

Hi again, having settled on a LS-U Dual Cab rather than the Space Cab I now have a question.

Has anyone fitted Clearview Mirrors to their LS-U?

I am concerned about the wiring plug & whether it will fit without modification?

I realise that there is no Electric Fold option with the Clearview.

I find it doubtful there would be a different wiring loom for the mirrors between the LS-U and other models that don't have this accessory.

I contacted Clearview & they suggest cutting & splicing wires or they will supply plugs @ $20 each + $11 postage. :o

The reason for my request is I am planning to only fit the Clearview when going on a van trip & re-fitting the stock mirrors on return as it is only a 10 minute job to change-over.

Does anyone have 1st hand experience?

Thanks Neil
MY2017 D-Max LS-U, delivered 08/11/2017. Factory Canopy, Bonnet Protector, Wind Deflectors to all doors, Side Steps, Isuzu Towbar, TX-3350 UHF Radio, Blackvue Dash Cam, Dark Window Tint, TowPro Elite Brake Controller, Rhino Cross Racks, Awning, Graphics.
mydmax

Re: LS-U and Clearview Mirrors

Post by mydmax »

I have a mirror from a Hyundai car and have looked at the wiring on my 2011 model Dmax. For the mirror function it is only three wires of the 7 in the DMax plug you have to connect to and to splicing into the loom is a reasonable thing to do. Easy and you can fit small connectors anyway. The current involved is small and so petite connectors will allow easy removal as needed.
Just_Misplaced

Re: LS-U and Clearview Mirrors

Post by Just_Misplaced »

Hi just to let you know that the LSU clear view mirrors are just a straight swap and takes about 30-40 minutes all up but you do not have the fold in option any more