CN1980

Re: Turbo issues DMAX/MUX

Post by CN1980 »

have a look for yourself mydmax, https://youtu.be/iNaiPsG7juo
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

CN1980
Does it explain how 3 turbos on the one vehicle failed? and the owner is a mechanic too. Is he claiming Hat Trick status or something? Guinness Record book entry perhaps? Turbos can fail, but 3 on same vehicle means the odds of it happening are extremely high. If it was a significant problem the whole world would know, it would be the talk. I am surprised Isuzu have replaced 3 on one vehicle without a major investigation into the problem causing it. If it is known a particular batch run has problems, and they WOULD KNOW, they would not be fitting two more of same to the one vehicle. That is madness.
goody59

Post by goody59 »

Isuzu became aware did know and now have a re engineered turbo as the replacement part now is my belief from various Isuzu groups I read.
goody59

Post by goody59 »

Danno wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:57 am
goody59 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:31 pm I believe it is a bolt on turbo manufacturing issue as the replacement turbo has a different part in it from reading. Something to do with variable vane failure. The EGR system may contribute to the failure with adding a lot of carbon to stick to the moving parts maybe. Not good for sure. Since I have a MY18 it is a concern for me. I hope my fails whilst under warranty if it is going to fail, not out of warranty.
I read somewhere that you intended to keep the DMax for 20yrs? you're not going to do that with the EGR connected without replacing the motor once or twice...or at least fit a Provent to it.
I have a Flashlube catch can fitted since new. EGR system was also at the top of my concerns since before purchase. I am aware of the pros and cons of an EGR system and made a call on what I should go with prepurchase of vehicle.